We are pleased to announce the launch of UberTRIP in Seoul for visitors on holiday or business trip to the city as well as for locals looking for on-demand time based rides. Using UberTRIP, riders can request a ride for 5 to 12 hours with unlimited distance and multiple destinations covering Seoul and nearby areas during such hours. UberTRIP utilizes UberBLACK cars and driver partners. UberTRIP applies time-based fares with KRW 120,000 as a minimum fare for the first 5 hour-ride and charges KRW 400 per additional minute afterwards. The service also applies KRW 1,000 per km after the trip reaches 100 km.
How it works:
- Open the Uber app and select your first destination.
- From the different products that appear, select “TRIP”.
- Ensure your pickup location displayed in the app is accurate and request your ride.
- An Uber will come to pick you up and you will see your driver’s details straight away– name, photo and the details of the car. Now you are all set to tour around Seoul and surrounding areas. You can add up to 3 stops if you already know where you want to go after your initial destination. Otherwise, feel free to verbally communicate to the driver where you want to go next.
- At the end of your trip, a total fare based on the trip duration is calculated. The payment is processed automatically with your registered credit card and you will receive an electronic receipt.
- The minimum fare of UberTRIP is KRW 120,000, which is worth 5 hours of ride. After 5 hours, you will be charged KRW 400 per incremental minute. In terms of distance, 100km is included in the minimum fare; you will be charged an additional KRW 1,000 for every additional km over 100km. (toll fee and parking fee exclusive).